E-Residency application is processed by the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board (PBGB). All communications regarding the application status will be sent by email. Be sure to also check your spam folders.
E-Residency programme team does not have access to the application environment or application progress updates.
Application process time
- 4-5 weeks - during which PBGB will review your application and will conduct a background check on you. It is possible they will need to extend the review period if they choose to request more information from you, in which case you will receive an email from PBGB requesting additional information or documents.
- Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email - E-Residency digi-ID - e-Residency granted from PBGB. Please check your spam folder periodically to ensure you don't miss any communications.
- 2-5 weeks - If you have been granted e-Residency, your e-Residency kit will be delivered to the pickup location you requested on your application. Please note, this is an estimated time not a fixed time for delivery of documents.
- Once your e-Residency kit has reached the pickup location, you will receive an email from the pickup location (for example, Estonian embassy in Berlin). This email will include instructions on how to pick up your e-Residency kit. Please check your spam mailbox, as automated notifications from the embassies may end up in spam folders.
In general, the entire process from application submission to your e-Residency kit being available for pick up can take 6-8 weeks.
Track application and your e-Residency kit delivery
You currently cannot track the status of your application online. If you have any concern regarding your application, you can request more information as follows:
- You have submitted your application but have not received a decision: Please contact PBGB directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and date of birth or the application number. PBGB will be able to check the progress of your application and advise you accordingly.
- You have received e-Residency granted email but have not received an email to schedule pick up: If you have not heard anything regarding pickup within 2-5 weeks after you were approved, you should contact the pickup location directly. If you chose a PBGB service office in Estonia, please email email@example.com. If you chose an Estonian embassy or consulate, please find the contact information here.
Contact PBGB directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will forward your request to the issuing officer. Please also provide your full name and date of birth or the application number.
Read more here if you have questions specific to your pickup location.
In order to cancel your application, please contact PBGB directly at email@example.com as soon as possible. They will be able to cancel your application should you provide them with your full name and date of birth. If you cancel before proceedings have commenced on your application, you can request a refund of the state fee. To request a refund, you will need to complete a form and send it to PBGB. You can find the form and contact information here.
E-Residency team does not have information on your application status. However, should you find yourself in a situation, where you don't know who to contact, use the Submit a request form below to contact us.