The application process for an e-Residency digital ID begins with the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board (PPA). This government agency hosts the application and manages all aspects of your application review. PPA will provide all communications, by email, throughout the process.
Application process time
- PPA will review your application within 30 days of submission. It is possible they will need to extend the review period if they choose to request more information from you, in which case you will receive an email from PPA requesting additional information or documents.
- Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email from PPA. Please check your spam folder periodically to ensure you don't miss any communications.
- If you have been granted e-Residency, PPA will print your e-Residency digital ID and send your e-Residency kit to the pickup location you requested on your application. This process takes between 2-5 weeks.
- When your e-Residency kit has reached the pickup location, you will receive another email from the pickup location you chose. This email will include instructions on how to pick up your e-Residency kit.
In general, the entire process from application submission to your e-Residency kit being available for pick up can take 6-8 weeks.
You currently cannot track the status of your application online. If you have any concern regarding your application, you can request more information as follows:
- You have submitted your application but have not received a decision: Please contact PPA directly at email@example.com. Please include your full name and date of birth or the application number. PPA will be able to check the progress of your application and advise you accordingly.
- You have been approved but have not received an email to schedule pick up: If you have not heard anything regarding pickup within 2-5 weeks after you were approved, you can contact the pickup location directly. If you chose a PPA service office in Estonia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you chose an Estonian embassy or consulate, you can find the contact information here.
Contact PPA directly at email@example.com and they will forward your request to the issuing officer. Please also provide your full name and date of birth or the application number.
Read more here if you have questions specific to your pickup location.
In order to cancel your application, please contact PPA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. They will be able to cancel your application should you provide them with your full name and date of birth. If you cancel before proceedings have commenced on your application, you can request a refund of the state fee. To request a refund, you will need to complete a form and send it to PPA. You can find the form and contact information here.