If you are granted e-Residency, you will receive a government-issued digital ID card that provides access to Estonian e-services.
The majority of e-services currently available to e-residents are business-related as most people choose to apply for e-Residency in order to establish and manage a company online in a transparent business environment - e-Residency works particularly well for entrepreneurs offering location-independent digital services, like freelancers, consultants and digital nomads who:
- sell services or digital products online in a broad range of sectors, including IT, marketing, publishing, consulting and more,
- want to reduce bureaucracy and paperwork, in order to save time and money,
- do not have a fixed location, or
- want their business to stay in — or enter — the EU market so they can expand regionally or globally, trade in euros, access financial services or EU funding, or stay within the EU’s legal frameworks.
Benefits of becoming an e-resident
- Digitally sign documents
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and send documents securely
- Access a wide range of Estonian public and private e-services
- Establish an Estonian company online
- Manage your Estonian company online from anywhere in the world
- Apply for digital business banking and online payment services
- Declare Estonian corporate taxes online (if your company is an Estonian tax resident)
- Join a community of like-minded people
Still not sure, if you should become an e-resident? Read our blog Is e-Residency for me?
Though we have some great examples on who benefits from e-Residency programme the most at the blog article referred above, you can also read what e-residents say themselves at our blog section e-resident stories.
If you're ready to become an e-resident, learn more about how to apply.